Our consumer law practice focuses on litigation to protect consumers from abuse by businesses and establishments. Most cases focus on disputes relating to financial institutions or privacy disputes.
Consumer law cases focus on interpreting the laws of the state and federal government to make sure that you can do business in California without being taken advantage of. Generally, the laws protect consumers from deceptive trade practices, identity theft, financial crimes, and false advertising.
Typical cases at Varlack Legal Services include:
- Cases to recover funds taken from you by a financial institution due to a data breach
- Cases to recover losses from account theft, which can go undetected for years
- Elder abuse cases
- False advertising relating to vocational programs
- Student loan litigation
- Contractors disputes
- Recovery of financial loss due to account fraud by a third party
- Administrative hearings to enforce contractual obligations related to housing
- Internal investigations and audits
Free Consultation with a Hayward Consumer Law Attorney
If you think that your rights as a consumer have been violated, contact us for a consultation with a consumer law attorney. Based in Hayward, California, VLS serves clients throughout the San Francisco Bay area and beyond. You may also access the resources below for general information about consumer law.
California Consumer Law Resources
Department of Consumer Affairs
File a complaint online at www.dca.ca.gov or call 800.952.5210 to have a complaint form mailed to you.
California Attorney General’s Office
File a complaint online at oag.ca.gov.
The Better Business Bureau
Go to www.bbb.org, or consult your phone directory for a local office.
FTC Consumer Complaints, Credit Reports & Identity Theft Information
State Bar of California Consumer Resources
Legal Resources & Information from the California Courts