When you hear the phrase “real estate,” you may envision a realtor who aids with the purchase or sale of a home or commercial property. However, if tasked with outlining what an attorney may have to do with the real estate business, you may have a hard time coming up with answers. Unlike other states, California doesn’t require attorneys to be present at closings. So, what can a Hayward real estate lawyer help with?
Property Issues We Handle
Lawyers that specialize in property law can help clients with a wide range of issues, some of the most common include:
- Real estate contractual issues: This includes the review, drafting, and negotiation of real estate contracts, including private purchase or for sale by owner properties, as well as aiding with breaches (contract disputes) on either the buyer, seller, lessee, or lessor’s part, such as erroneous seller disclosures.
- Property, neighborly, and land use or seizure concerns: This category includes issues that may affect your ability to enjoy your property, such as tree or fence disputes or easements, as well as questions over zoning or adherence to local laws and even imminent domain issues, whereby government agencies seize homes, buildings, or land for their needs.
- Foreclosure-related concerns: A real estate attorney like ours may aid you in negotiating an alternative to foreclosure on your Bay Area home, including a renegotiation of your mortgage, quiet title transfers, short sales, and deficiency judgment issues.
- Property tax matters: Attorneys often support clients in disputing liens placed against Hayward homes for non-payment of property taxes.
- Landlord-tenant disputes: Evictions, violations of rental agreements or leases, tenant buyouts, adherence to rent control regulations, and compliance with the federal Fair Housing Act of 1968 and the California Fair Housing Act and additional non-discrimination regulations are examples of landlord-tenant issues we handle.
- Community association setup and administration: Setting up condo or homeowners’ associations, including drafting their bylaws and serving as legal counsel to board members, enforcing those covenants, are examples of matters our law firm can help with.
- Construction law: We represent both contractors and home or business owners in construction disputes, like breaches of contract stemming from defective repairs.
- Real estate investment guidance: We support real estate investors looking to gain a better understanding of incorporation structures most appropriate for building their portfolio or those considering a 1031 exchange.
Don’t see what you need help with on the list above? There’s no need to fret. Here at Varlack Legal Services, our founding attorney and the rest of our competent team have extensive experience handling a wide range of real estate matters, including, but certainly not limited to, the ones listed above.
How a Hayward Real Estate Attorney Helps You
For most Bay Area residents, their real estate is valuable, whether it’s your land, personal house, office building, vacation home, investment portfolio, or a combination thereof. As such, you owe it to yourself to do all you can to defend your property using all the resources you can.
And, on the flip side of the coin, if you’re a renter, you’re probably well aware of how coming across the right fit at the right price isn’t easy. You have to fight for your rights and what you have.
No matter your role associated with a property, our Hayward real estate lawyer can confidently help you no matter the situation you find yourself in. So, call or email our Bay Area firm now to let us know what you need help with so we can discuss your legal options.